Studying for the Cisco CCNA 640-802 certification [CCNA] [640-802] [TRAIN SIGNAL]

In my post from yesterday I had mentioned that I am going to be studying to take my Cisco CCNA 640-802 exam.

I have a couple of text books I am going to be reviewing for research and study, I also have access to a couple of CCNA video training suites that I will be using. 

One of the titles I am going to be reviewing is Train Signal’s Cisco CCNA Training.

I am going to be doing this training on my train ride to work so it is nice to have it available to view offline and when I am not connected to the internet.

I’ll give you a quick overview of the product now and some more of a detailed review once I’ve had the chance to review most of it.

So according to the marking material on the Train Signal’s Cisco CCNA Training page – “In 3 Days or Less, You'll Learn How To Install, Operate, and Troubleshoot a Small to Medium Enterprise Branch Network... And Have the Knowledge to Pass the Cisco CCNA 640-802 Exam... Guaranteed!”

The immediate additional information there also includes the following:

Cisco CCNA Training

Professional Training

  • Nearly 29 Hours (28 Hours, 54 Minutes, 54 Seconds) of Cisco CCNA Training Videos Jam Packed on 4 DVDs!
  • Multiple File Formats Make it convenient for you to learn anywhere you go! iPod Video, Mp3 Audio, .WMV & high quality .AVI video
  • PDF of Instructor Notes allow you to follow along with the videos and take more organized notes
  • Instant Access Online to the entire training course
Exam Preparation
  • Complete Exam Coverage This course covers all of the bases required for you to obtain:
    • Cisco Certified Network Associate Exam Certification
  • FREE, FULL VERSION of Transcender's Practice Exam for:
    • 640-802 - Cisco Certified Network Associate Exam
    We've partnered with Transcender, the leading exam simulation provider in the world! Purchased separately, you would pay $139! But you get it FREE as the perfect training companion to our Cisco CCNA Training!

I am excited about the opportunity to review the material and to see how I make out. With the ability to take the iPod Video, Mp3 Audio, .WMV / high quality .AVI video with me on the go I am looking forward to the idea that I can get this done in fairly short order leveraging my commute time on the train. I am sure 12 years of experience helps as does my other networking certifications (CompTIA, Microsoft, etc.) but Cisco is the leader and there is more to the CCNA than just knowing the network piece.

So again – I’ll be keeping you posted on my progress. I don’t think I am going to be tackling this “In 3 Days or Less”; I am sure if I could dedicate three solid days perhaps I could but I am more likely to break up the 23 lessons over the course or a month.

We’ll see how it goes.

Comments