Question of the Day coming for the CCNA 640-802 certification [CCNA] [640-802]

Hi Gang.

I’ll have a little more to write about some of the additional changes you’re going to be seeing in the site but briefly, one of the ways I have personally found that it is easiest for me to learn something new or to brush up on something I am out of practice on is to research the information and write articles on the theory of a topic. This is just one piece of training that works for me. I still need to do the hands-on practical part and in some cases, especially for new and emerging technologies, take instructional courses.

As such and as part of my studying for my CCNA 640-802 exam, I’ll be publishing Question of the Day questions on this site. They’ll be as much a review for you the reader and they will be for me the blogger. You can expect to see these questions starting tomorrow. I will be intermixing them with the other QOTD for the CompTIA and Windows 7 topics.

On the topic of instructional courses, these come in many “flavors.” Computer based training, online instructor led, online interactive hands on labs, DVD based training and so forth. I have always found for myself that getting two courses / courseware titles from different vendors has always been helpful as it allows me to review parallel subject matter as it is being delivered by two different instructors. 

Generally if you are using reputable courseware developers, both sets of courseware should come pretty close on the content side. What might be different is some of the nuances in the delivery of the material. This may help you to learn something you didn’t “get” before or it might help solidify your knowledge on something that was a little shaky. I used to do this a lot when reading research material – I would buy two different textbooks because the two different authors had different writing styles and different ways of communicating the material. While I do have a couple of text books I am going to be reviewing for study I also have access to a couple of CCNA video training suites that I will be using. 

One of the titles I am going to be reviewing is Train Signal’s Cisco CCNA Training.

I am going to be doing this training on my train ride to work so it is nice to have it available to view offline and when I am not connected to the internet. I will be going into a bit more into the details in my next post; be sure to stop back tomorrow.

Comments